Summary: A writing exercise to clear an emotional block.
C > Clearing
Emotional Clearing Exercise
By: Elaine Murray
1. Take a piece of paper and write at the top: "The reason I cannot have what I want is..."
Then write a list of thoughts that pop into your head to complete the sentence. Don't think too much, and don't take it too seriously. Examples: .............I'm too lazy.
.............I don't have enough money.
.............Mother said I couldn't.
.............I'm afraid to.
.............John wouldn't like it.
2. Do the same exercise, only this time write in a specific thing.
Example: "The reason I cannot have a good job is...."
Sit quietly with your list and see whether any of the thoughts you have written down ring true for you... whether in some way or degree, you believe them. Get a sense of what limitations you put on yourself, and your world.
3. Write a list of the most negative attitudes you can think of about yourself, people, life.
Again sit quietly and get in touch with which of these ideas may consciously or unconsciously hold emotional power over you. If at any point in these exercises you feel emotions coming up, just stay with that and allow yourself to experience it as much as possible, with total acceptance. You may get a flash of an early experience, or something your parents or teachers used to tell you which programmed your view of this world in a certain way.
4. Destory the paper.
Whenever you feel complete with this process, especially if you have gotten in touch with one or more of your negative beliefs that you hold, simply tear up the piece of paper. Better yet... burn it. This symbolizes how little power they actually need to have in your life. It is a good idea to say: "I release this negative belief" as you destroy your paper.
5. Sit quietly, relax, and do some affirmations to replace your constricted, limiting beliefs with more opening, constructive, positive ones. Examples:
See also: Forgiveness and Release
- I now release my entire past. It is complete and I am now free!
- I now dissolve all negative, limiting beliefs. They have no power over me!
- I now forgive and release everyone in my life. We are all happy and free.
- I don't have to try to please others. I am naturally lovable and likeable no matter what I do.
- I now let go of all accumulated guilt, fears, resentment, disappointments, and grudge. I am free and clear.
- All of my negative self-images and attitudes are now dissolved. I love and appreciate myself.
- All barriers to my full expression and enjoyment of life are now dissolved.
- The world is a beautiful place to be.
- The universe always provides.
See related articles:
Clearing Exercise: Forgiveness and Release
[ Home ]
[ About Us ]
[ Submissions ]
[ Books ]
Elaine Murray, B.A., teaches spiritual development classes with an emphasis on meditation. She has been a student of metaphysics and parapsychology for over 20 years, culminating in the publishing of "A Layman's Guide to New Age & Spiritual Terms." To contact Elaine write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to purchase A Layman's Guide to New Age & Spiritual Terms
Also beginning with C: