Summary: Instructions for entering a deep state of relaxation to encourage meditation.
M > Meditation
How to Meditate
By: Elaine Murray
There are many methods of meditation that can lead to channeling, mediumship, or simply a greater spiritual awareness. Here is the method I use:
- Find a comfortable position, either sitting or lying down. Close your eyes.
- Take three or four deep breaths, inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth.
- Concentrate on your body and mentally tell each part of your body to relax, from the toes on your feet to the muscles in your face.
- Tense some of your muscles, then let them relax.
- While in this relaxed state, visualize the color red. Breathe in the coulor red and exhale the color red.
- Move to the color orange. Breathe in orange and exhale orange. While you are visualizing this color, allow your emotions to relax.
- Move to the color yellow. Breathe in yellow and exhale yellow. Allow your mental activity to cease. Hold only the color yellow in your mind.
- Move to the color green. Breathe in green... exhale green. Allow peace and healing to surround you, and penetrate you.
- Move to the color blue. Breathe in blue... exhale blue. Feel the Love of God encompass you.
- Move to the color indigo. Breathe in indigo... exhale indigo. Concentrate on your dreams and aspirations. Feel yourself going deeper and deeper within.
- Finally, concentrate on the color violet. Breathe in violet... exhale violet. Tell yourself you are now in touch with your spiritual self.
- From here you can journey to a place in nature, such as a beach or a mountain, where you can be alone and can feel at peace.
Sometimes when you have reached a deep state of meditation, you will begin to see swirls of color, see mental pictures, or internally hear a voice talking to you. Take note, and keep a journal of any impressions. Come back to normal consciousness by visualzing the colors in reverse sequence.
See more about the colors under "Chakras."
See related articles:
What is Meditation
[ Home ]
[ About Us ]
[ Submissions ]
[ Books ]
Elaine Murray, B.A., teaches spiritual development classes with an emphasis on meditation. She has been a student of metaphysics and parapsychology for over 20 years, culminating in the publishing of "A Layman's Guide to New Age & Spiritual Terms." To contact Elaine write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click to purchase A Layman's Guide to New Age & Spiritual Terms
Also beginning with M: